Welcome Woodbridge High School Class Of 1979!
We are the Vikings, the Mighty, Mighty Vikings!
Get ready, ‘cause here comes the
WSHS 1979 30-year reunion!
Time to relive those glory days -- come and reminisce with old friends about good times, act like a teenager again (with a few wrinkles but without the need for a fake ID), boogie down to 70’s tunes, and have so much fun it hurts (to wake up the next morning).
- Jimmy Carter was president, a stamp was 15 cents, the median household income was $16,461, and Billboard’s #1 song was “My Sharona”
- Candies, platform shoes, tube tops, afros, mullets, feathered hair, disco, 8-Tracks, tricked-out vans
- Year-round school, color codes
- Meeting friends in the Library before school
- The football game was the place to be on Friday night in the fall. And we beat Gar-Field our senior year 13-6!
- Friday night dances in the gym
- Hanging out at McDonald’s after the game
- Cruising around town, mooning, doing Chinese Fire Drills, TP-ing classmates houses
- Car wash fundraisers
- Hanging out at the smoking court
- Roller skating in the streets of DC
- Circus-Circus, Bachelor’s II, the Mausoleum, late night forays to Dunkin’ Donuts, Joe’s Place for Hippie Rolls
- Favorite Bev’s: Malt Duck, TJ Swan, Boone’s Farm Tickled Pink, Michelob
- The prom theme was “Always and Forever” and the band was “Friends of the Family”
We’re planning a great party, with the help of Capital Reunions, and we don’t want anyone to miss out. Make sure to update your contact information, and check the webpage regularly for further details and announcements.
Can’t wait to see you at the reunion!
Your Reunion Committee
Contact Reunion Commitee
Submit / Update Contact Information
View Classmates Profiles